Economic development and reversing the disastrous effects of the Brownback economic plan for Kansas will be the key issue facing the next session of the Kansas Legislature. I am the only candidate running for HD 21 that has a proven history of experience, expertise and leadership in this critical area. Over the course of my career I have worked successfully to bring new business, jobs and capital investment to our community and I will use this experience to help create an economic plan for Kansas that actually works!
For the past 30+ years, I have served in leadership positions in numerous organizations focused on expanding our local economy. A few I would like to specially mention are:
- President of the trade association for the High Tech Industries in Kansas and Missouri
- Co-founder and Board Member of the Association for K-10 Corridor Development
- Vice-Chair for the Mid-America Manufacturing Technology Center
- Member of the oversight task force for the Kansas City Council for Technology Development
- Member of the Federal Affairs Committee for the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Executive Business Council for the Kansas City Star
- Board of Directors at the Center for Research Inc. at the University of Kansas.
I am the only candidate to have worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs, small business owners, large corporations, foundations, legislators and economic development professionals to help grow modern business in Kansas and to bring new high paying jobs to our state.
As your representative, I will use my experience, expertise and proven record of leadership to keep a strong focus on economic development and job growth in Kansas. Please consider financially supporting my efforts to bring change in Topeka.
Thank you for standing with me,